Total Pageviews

Monday 6 June 2016

How to Stop/Turn Off Windows 10 Updates

I have been using Mac OS from last 4 years and never have I ever got into a problem of Updating my OS or Softwares that I use. Then one day I thought it would be a good idea to write an article on some windows tweaks so I turn on my Laptop in which I have installed Windows 10 and realized I couldn't be able to open even one Webpage, I restarted my Internet connection but no luck. Then I checked windows updates and its all here, all my speed is using to update windows softwares that I don't even use. So I thought it would be good idea to make an Article on this topic.

Steps to Stop/Turn Off Updates: -

A) Navigate to Control Panel --->>> System and Security --->>> Administrative Tools.




B) Open Services under Administrative Tools Windows.



C) Find Windows Update (It will be on the eleventh from the below Items). and Open it.



D) A popup will appear. Under Service Status click on Stop.



E) And Change the Startup type to Disabled. 

F) The click on Ok, and you are Done.

G) You will receive a warning or notification from Microsoft that there is a problem downloading the updates. Just ignore it. If you Don't receive any notification or warning that is not a problem.

H) You can Turn On the Updates from the same place, just follow the steps till (C) and click on Start and Ok the changes.

             

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your nice post. This post are really helpful for the beginner. Thanks again. I have seen another video post which are also great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW47XJQhkYY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...